This morning, I had the pleasure of speaking with Wine Connoisseur and Owner of The European Wine Table about her lovely wine gelee’s and wine.
We Skyped over coffee it was a great morning………………. :-)
Jacqueline Chambliss is a Wine Connoisseur who is extremely passionate about wine and her wine gelee’s. I recently had the opportunity to purchase a box of four different flavors of the wine gelee’s in preparation for an upcoming gathering where I was going to make different grilled cheese sandwiches. Well, let me just say on THAT day we did not eat ordinary grilled cheese sandwiches the wine gelee’s created a totally different grilled cheese sandwich experience.
I paired my gelee’s with the following grilled cheese sandwiches:
- Grilled Blue Cheese paired with Rouge Bordeaux Blend - (2014 Finalist in the Taste of the South)
- Grilled Brie and apple paired with Prosecco Mimosa
- Grilled Smoked Goudapaired with Bordeaux Blanc
- Grilled Manchego paired with Cotes du Rhone
I asked Jacqueline what was the inspiration behind her wine gelee’s and Jacqueline shared that she grew up with these lovely food accompaniments. It was a lovely story of how her gelee’s were a thread in her childhood. Jacqueline's gelee’s are truly artisan in nature, cloaked in love and family tradition.
As you know I too am a lover of wine, so I had to ask Jacqueline how she got her wine legs. Jacqueline explained how she was a guest at a friend’s house who served a homemade wine and just like that she was smitten with the wine. Jacqueline observed all of the components of the wine site, smell, and taste and determined the wine was very good. From that point, Jacqueline immersed herself in the world of wine. Jacqueline to her credit has wine credentials most people dream of obtaining. A few of Jacqueline’s credentials - French Wine Scholar, WSET Certified, Port Wine Specialist, Champagne Specialist, and she is currently working on her WSET Diploma. Jacqueline knows wine!
I asked Jacqueline what she wanted people to know most about her wine gelee’s and she said “after one taste it will put a smile on your face.” Well, I can certainly testify it put a smile on my face :-)
Jacqueline also shared with me there is a new wine gelee flavor coming out which is Pear and White Burgundy – yum. I cannot wait it sounds delicious.
Okay I know you are asking where one can purchase these lovely wine gelee’s. Please see the list below, or click here.
- Whole Foods Market - Briarcliff, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Merchants Walk, Marietta, Harry's Farmers Market Roswell, Johns Creek, Ponce de Leon, Savannah
- The Fresh Market - Buckhead, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Suwanee, Peachtree City, Athens, Marietta
- Oli & Ve - Buckhead, Vinings, Roswell
- Talk of the Table Wine & Cheese Shop - Cumming
- Leaning Ladder Premium Olive Oil and Vinegar - Woodstock
- Alon's Bakery - Virginia Highlands
- Calyroad Creamery - Sandy Springs
- American GraFrutti- Roswell
- The Beechwood Inn - Clayton
- The Buford Farmer's Market - Doraville
- Little Alley Steaks - Roswell (served with their cheese plate)
- Cheeses & Mary - Milton
- Golden Isles Olive Oil - St. Simon Island
- Whole Foods Market - Franklin, Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga
- Avanti Savoia - Knoxville
- Whole Foods Market - Greensboro, Chapel Hill, Greenville, Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Charlotte
- Southern Season - Chapel Hill
- Southern Season - Charleston
- Whole Foods Market - Birmingham
- Southern Season - Richmond
Another wine lifestyle offering from Corks and Cuvee! Cheers!